Effects Of Quitting Smoking
The effects of quitting smoking on your body are much more rewarding than lighting up another cigarette. For those who are thinking about quitting smoking, don't let the the short-term side effects stop you. In the long run, you'll feel much more confident about your decision to quit. Here are the best side effects of kicking the habit.
- Breathe easier. Smoking can lead to difficulty in breathing and/or lung cancer. After you quit smoking, your lungs begin to heal. Within a few months, you no longer have the urge to cough up globs of crud. You also feel less out of breath when exercising, getting up from bed or walking down the hallway. Most people have smoked cigarettes for five years or longer. During this time, your body takes in a number of chemicals and tar. These things build up in your lungs until breathing becomes a struggle. Getting up in the morning entails a lot of wheezing and huffing. Lung cancer isn't a game of Russian roulette. It can happen to anyone. Even if you dodge cancer, you still risk getting a disease like emphysema. It's not just the elderly living in retirement homes that end up with breathing tanks. People as young as 40 can get these diseases as well.
- Look younger. If you smoke like a fiend, you'll begin to notice signs of aging. Your face can take on the just-sucked-a-lemon look. The muscles around the mouth are constantly working as you inhale on your cigarettes. Pretty soon, you'll look the Joker's twin brother. However, if you don't want to have a permanent grin pasted on your face, quit smoking. Another aging problem is rubbery skin. The chemicals in cigarette smoke can dry out and damage your skin cells. Instead of renewing, they simply die or cease to multiply. Don't you want to look your true age?
- More energy. Men need their energy for a lot of reasons. Whether you're making hot, steamy love or working out at the gym, you need to have energy to do any of these things. Quitting in the middle of whatever you're doing isn't a good look. But quitting your smoking habit is. Impress your girl with your increased stamina or make the jock at the gym jealous by bringing it on. After letting go of your Marlboros or Newport, you can positively affect your personal life.
- Whiter teeth. Being the stud that you are, you must know that whiter teeth attract women. There's nothing more attractive than having blinding white teeth to affect a girl's sensibilities. Your teeth can take a beating from the effects of cigarette smoke. The tar that is manufactured in smokes can stain your pearly whites until they look similar to dirty undies. After quitting smoking you'll notice fresher breath and a dazzling smile.
- Smell great. No matter how much cologne you pour on, you can still smell like smoke. It permeates your skin, clings to your hair and surrounds your very being. If you haven't had a smoke all day and go around someone who has, you'll definitely know what we mean. Those nasty chemicals in cigs are designed to make you smell like you just inhaled a carton. When you quit smoking, you'll notice the scent of everything around you. Flowers smell like flowers, your girl smells like heaven and your food taste less like cardboard.