Effects Of Smoking Weed
The effects of smoking weed have been described through personal experience for centuries. The first recorded use of the plant dates back over 10,000 years ago. Today weed is as popular as ever and rightfully so.
- Euphoria– Ahh the magic word euphoria, but what does it mean? Euphoria is described as a strong feeling of well being and great happiness. When in a euphoric state people often describe an exaggerated feeling of physical and mental well being. Therefore, smoking weed, in the simplest terms, makes you feel good. No wonder it’s illegal. We wouldn’t want people walking around in a constant state of happiness.
- Creativity– Weed has also been known to help individuals find their creative side. Whether it is art, music, writing, or anything else, weed can help open the mind. There have been a countless number of socially celebrated creations that have come about through the presence of weed. The Beatles, Bob Dylan, Stephen King, and George Carlin are just a few who have created some of their best work under the influence of marijuana.
- Appetite– Depending on your own situation this could be a positive or a negative. However, almost everyone will enjoy the taste of food after smoking a little weed. The flavor is generally much more robust and you’ll be digging in like never before. This can also be a great advantage for a chemotherapy patient who will often lose his appetite due to nausea.
- Relaxation– Weed is often used as a way to unwind after a tough day. For most it can be a useful way to relieve tension and anxiousness, allowing the user to sit back in comfort. Out of the two major categories of weed, indica and sativa, the indica strains are probably best suited for this as they often have a more sedative effect.
- Sleepiness– While not all weed will make you sleepy there are several strains that can be quite useful in putting you out. For individuals with sleep disorders, such as insomnia, this can be an invaluable tool. A strong indica, such as a Kush variety or purple strain, will normally get the job done. On the other hand if you aren’t ready to pass out yet, go with a sativa and enjoy the ride.
Posted on: Jun. 05, 2011