Egg Salad Sandwich Recipe Easy
This egg salad sandwich recipe is so easy that a six year-old could make it. It's a great deal of fun with next-to-no cleanup involved.
To make easy egg salad, you will need:
- One dozen hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- One gallon size bag
- One cup mayonnaise
- One tablespoon mustard
- Finely-chopped onions and celery (if desired)
- Place the eggs in the bag and break them up with your hands. It's fun! Just make sure you collapse all the bigger pieces that may have a tendency to escape.
- When it's all the right consistency, add the mustard and mayo and work it all together.
- When you're done, toss the bag in the refrigerator until it's cold, then either spoon the contents out, or cut a hole in a corner and squeeze onto bread. Flatten and fold over the corner when you're done.
Many cooks have trouble creating perfect hard-boiled eggs. The first thing you want to know is that newer eggs are very difficult to peel. Use eggs that are within a week of the date on the carton.
- Fill a pan with cold water and add the eggs.
- Place them on a burner set to high.
- When the eggs start boiling, remove them from the burner and set them on a cold burner. When the water becomes tepid, add ice.
- Once the eggs are room temperature or cooler, you should be able to peel them easily.
- If for some reason they continue to be difficult to peel, try peeling them under cold running water.