Eggnog Cheesecake Recipe
If you're looking for a unique dessert to enjoy around the holidays, this eggnog cheesecake recipe may be just the thing. Combining the classic taste of holiday eggnog in a cheesecake is a popular treat to serve at Christmas or New Years gatherings. To try this at your next party, read on to learn how to make eggnog cheesecake.
To make eggnog cheesecake, you will need:
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 8-ounce packages softened cream cheese
- 3/4 cup eggnog
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 teaspoon rum or rum extract
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
Preparation method for eggnog cheesecake:
Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a springform pan and wrap the outside of the pan snugly with aluminum foil.
- Combine the melted butter, two tablespoons sugar and graham cracker crumbs in the bottom of a springform pan. Mix just until moist then press the mixture into the bottom of the pan.
- Bake the crust for about ten minutes or until lightly toasted. Place on a wire rack and allow to cool.
- Beat together the remaining sugar, cream cheese, flour and eggnog in a large bowl. Mix using an electric mixer until smooth.
- Mix in the eggs, rum or rum extract and nutmeg. Mix just until combined. Pour the filling evenly over the crust.
- Place the pan in a large baking or roasting pan. Pour enough boiling water into the outer pan to reach one inch up the sides.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until set. Carefully remove the springform pan from the water bath and allow to cool for about fifteen minutes on a wire rack.
- Remove the aluminum foil. Run a knife around the sides of the cheesecake to loosen, then remove the sides of the springform pan.
- Allow to cool completely. Refrigerate overnight, then slice and serve.
Eggnog cheesecake recipe variations:
- Top the completed eggnog cheesecake with whipped topping and a sprinkle of nutmeg or chopped walnuts.
- Use crushed gingersnaps, vanilla wafer cookies or flavored graham crackers for the crust.
- Stir in one cup pumpkin puree for a pumpkin eggnog cheesecake.