Eggnog Cookies Recipe
An eggnog cookies recipe is an important weapon in your baking arsenal. Whether you are a man who rarely cooks or bakes anything or you're just a guy who loves to bake, making eggnog cookies is easy to accomplish. If you've never imagined eggnog as a cookie before, you and those with whom you share your goodies will enjoy the novelty of this holiday season treat.
To make eggnog cookies, you will need:
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cup eggnog
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- A cookie sheet
- Preheat the oven. Before beginning your eggnog recipe, turn on the oven to 350 degrees. Set out a non-stick cookie sheet or, if using a regular cookie sheet, spray it lightly with non-stick cooking spray to prevent sticking.
- Cream the butter. Using an electric mixer, cream the butter with the white sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg, blending thoroughly before mixing in the vanilla extract and eggnog.
- Sift the dry ingredients. In another mixing bowl, sift together the remaining dry ingredients. Slowly stir the dry ingredients into the moist ingredients that are in the other mixing bowl.
- Spoon the dough onto the cookie sheet. Place rounded tablespoon scoops of cookie dough on the cookie sheet. Make sure that the cookies are evenly spaced and not touching or overcrowded. Place in the oven and bake for approximately ten minutes.
- Check the cookies and remove from the oven when done. Check the oven after ten minutes; the cookies should be slightly brown on the top and the edges. Remove the cookies from the oven and transfer the baked eggnog cookies onto a cookie rack to cool.
Tips & Warnings:
- Sprinkle extra nutmeg over the tops of the warm cookies.
- Ovens vary in temperature, so check your first batch of cookies at eight minutes to ensure that they are not over-cooking.