If you suffer from depression, you may need to know about Elavil side effects. Elavil is an anti-depressant prescribed to treat individuals who suffer from mental disorders – mainly depression. It works by improving your emotions, moods and feelings. Although this drug is highly used for treatment, it does have side effects. Here are the most prevalent Elavil side effects.
- Increased drowsiness and blurred vision. Elavil is known to increase drowsiness in some users. It can make you feel sleepy, lethargic or tired while taking the drug. It is advised that if you experience this side effect, refrain from driving or operating heavy machinery.
- Experience dry mouth. You may experience dry mouth while taking Elavil. This side effect is usually alleviated by drinking plenty of water, munching on ice chips or eating some cool. It is important to drink a full glass of water when you take your scheduled dose. If you have excessive dry mouth or bad breath due to dry mouth, speak with your doctor.
- Constipation or difficulty with bowel movements. Constipation is one of the most uncomfortable side effects of taking Elavil. Constipation may cause other problems such as rectal bleeding from straining or abdominal pain. Your doctor may encourage you to drink more fluids and eat a diet high in fiber.
- Intense heartburn. Most medications increase the amount of stomach acid in your body. Taking an antacid or changing your diet may help. Try to avoid spicy foods and eat slowly at meals.
- Rash. A rash may indicate an allergic reaction to the drug. Immediately report reactions that involve difficulty breathing, swelling in any part of the body – especially the throat, mouth or tongue – and dizziness. Allergic reactions to drugs can be fatal if not treated right away.
If you have any problems while taking your medication, you should contact your physician immediately to avoid serious health problems. Only your physician can diagnose the cause and status of your side effects.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Real-Life Heroes Who Inspired Indiana Jones
Legend has it, these guys are the real MVPs.