Many people are currenlty exploring alternative to traditional medicine, and elderberry benefits are one of the most important aspects of herbal rememdies to learn. Elderberries grow on short shrubs, and the berry itself is small and dark, almost black in color. Due to its potent medical benefits, elderberry has been used for centuries as a folk medicine, and it is now enjoyig a strong comeback. Look for elderberry tincture in your local health food store or co-op. Here are the top benefits of elderberry.
- Fighting the common cold. Elderberry boosts your immune system, so one of the most important benefits is its ability to help you fight illnesses. Elderberry has been found to be particularly effective in releiveing the symptoms associated with the common cold. It is also useful for fighting sinus and throat infections.
- Lowering cholestoral. Some studies have shown that elderberry lowers certain kinds of cholesterol. However, the same study also notes that elderberry use can increase a "bad" form of cholesterol. Because of this, you should check with your doctor before taking elderberry for cholesterol.
- Anti-aging. Packed full of antioxidents, elderberry is also used as an anti-aging agent. Of course, nothing is really going to slow down the hands of time, but there are reports that one of elderberry's benefits is to reduce the signs of aging.
- Detoxing. These same antioxidents also make elderberry a good detoxifier. Antioxidents latch onto molecules known as "free radicals," which cause disease and allow your body to eliminate them. Therefore, one of the most important benefits of taking elderberry is eliminating the causes of disease before they have a chance to take root and ruin your day.
- Relieving Constipation. Elderberry is a mild diuretic, and so some people have used it successfully for relieving constipation. Since it is only a mild diuretic, though, it should be used as a initial treatment early on. You may need stronger medicine depending on how backed up you are.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
Because for women, denim is truth serum.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”