If you are a fan of Elton John, then you will definitely want to listen to the Elton John greatest hits. These songs, which are the high points of a truly spectacular musical career, are some of the best songs available, and you should definitely give them a try.
- “Honky Cat”-This classic Elton John song, which originally appeared on the album “Honky Chateau,” has gone down as one of the most enjoyable and delightful Elton John songs. Featuring Elton’s signature early voice, this is one Elton John hit that should not be missed.
- “Rocket Man”-This Elton song, which also appeared on the album “Honky Chateau,” is one of the most beautiful and also melancholy of his songs. The bizarre cast of the lyrics, combined with Elton’s signature performance, ensures that this will always remain one of Elton John’s most popular songs.
- "Your Song"-If you are looking for an Elton John song that is also one of the most romantic of love songs ever written, then look no further than this greatest hit. Although best known because of its performance by Elton John (and being one of the first songs to become a hit), it was also featured in the film “Moulin Rouge,” ably performed by the actor Ewan McGregor. Clearly, this Elton John song continues to exert a strong hold on the popular imagination.
- “Goodbye Yellow Brick Road”-This song, which combines the melancholy so familiar in many of Elton John’s early songs, also manages to capture some of his playfulness as well. It appeared on the album of the same name, which went on to be Elton John’s most successful album, eventually earning the “Diamond” designation, signifying truly phenomenal sales. If you are going to listen to an Elton John song, this one would be it.
- “Bennie and the Jets”-This phenomenal Elton John song, which features some of the greatest vocals you are likely to hear from this extraordinary performer, is also one of his greatest hits. In addition to appearing on the already-discussed “Goodbye Yellow Brick Road,” this song has also been reproduced on the numerous repackagings and greatest hits compilations that have been made of Elton’s work.