When you want to impress your friends, learn some Elvis Presley quotes to use when the time's right. The King of Rock and Roll and was born Elvis Aaron Presley in 1935 in Tupelo, Mississippi. Elvis was influenced by country, popular, and gospel music that he heard growing up in Memphis, Tennessee. Elvis Presley began his singing career in 1954 under the Sun Records label and then with RCA when they bought out Sun Records. He starred in 33 movies, most of which he also sang in. Elvis Presley left us with many memorable quotes. He died in 1977 at age 45.
- "I ain't no saint, but I've tried never to do anything that would hurt my family or offend God…I figure all any kid needs is hope and the feeling he or she belongs. If I could do or say anything that would give some kid that feeling, I would believe I had contributed something to the world." Commenting in the 1950s as a young star, Elvis discussed during an interview his views on helping others in the world. His solid upbringing gave him a good foundation on which to start his successful career.
- "We do two shows a night for five weeks. A lotta times we'll go upstairs and sing until daylight, gospel songs. We grew up with it. It more or less puts your mind at ease. It does mine." This 1972 Elvis Presley quote referred to the singing engagements by Elvis Presley in Las Vegas. The band and followers would meet in Elvis's hotel suite in the Las Vegas Hilton to unwind from the live shows they performed.
- "Don't criticize what you don't understand, son. You never walked in that man's shoes." Elvis came up with his own version of a famous quote and used it often. The original quote is "Don't judge a man until you walked a mile in his shoes." Simply put, this means to put yourself in someone's situation before judging or criticizing them.
- “The first time that I appeared on stage, it scared me to death. I really didn’t know what all the yelling was about. I didn’t realize that my body was moving. It’s a natural thing to me. So to the manager backstage I said, ‘What’d I do? What’d I do?’ And he said “Whatever it is, go back and do it again.” This rare look at how Elvis really felt about performing is revealing. It shows that Elvis Presley, the icon, was just a human like the rest of us. His nervousness about performing in front of a live audience and their reaction to his moves was surprising to everyone.
- "Some people tap their feet, some people snap their fingers, and some people sway back and forth. I just sorta do 'em all together, I guess." Elvis Presley said this in 1956 while explaining why he moved the way he did while performing. His signature moves were show in the movie "Forrest Gump," which implied Forrest showed Elvis how to move.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.