No one wants to get sick and Emergen-C is great way to prevent or help when sick, but first check out these Emergen-C side effects. Emergen-C is a typical over the counter dietary supplement that can help boost the immune system. Emergen-C is made for both children and adults and is normally in the form of a small packet of powder. There a very few side effects, but you should always consult your health care provider before taking a dietary supplement. Emergen-C side effects are extremely rare but here is a list of possible Emergen-C side effects:
- Indigestion. Indigestion can occur due to high amounts of vitamin C in Emergen-C. This is usually only a side effect when taken in large amounts.
- Upset stomach. This can occur because of the soy that Emergen-C contains since some people may have a problem with soy. Check with your doctor if you are unsure of your soy intake.
- Diarrhea. This is another possible side effect due to the small amount of soy in Emergen-C. If you do have problems with soy, even in the slightest amounts, please be cautious.
- Insomia. Due to the high amounts of vitamin C contained in Emergen-C you might feel very alert and maybe a little restless if taken close to bedtime. The over alertness is normally due to very large doses of this product.
- Decrease in progesterone. Emergen-C might not be the best idea for women who are pregnant. Vitamin C can cause a decrease in the hormone progesterone and should be reconsidered.
- Nausea. A person might experience nausea if they are not used to taking dietary supplements such as powders like Emergen-C. If you have had issues in the past with dietary powders Emergen-C likely will have the same effect.
- Headache. Headaches can occur, but is usually only a symptom when too much vitamin C is taken. Be sure to monitor your intake.
- Vomiting. Normally occurs due to the feeling of nausea people sometimes experience with dietary supplements. Vomiting is rare, but can occur if extreme nausea is present.
- Heartburn. As with many food or diet products heartburn can occur due to the fizziness of Emergen-C. Talk to your health care provider to see if Emergen-C will result in your heartburn symptoms.
- Throat irritation. Another rare side effect from drinking the fizzy powder mix that Emergen-C offers. Irritation can occur with too much intake of this product.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Made Man Food Shows
We all love great food—and the people who make it! Our culinary video series introduces you to the country's best chefs and experts, so you can become one yourself. Pull up a chair …