No one wants to get sick and Emergen-C is great way to prevent or help when sick, but first check out these Emergen-C side effects. Emergen-C is a typical over the counter dietary supplement that can help boost the immune system. Emergen-C is made for both children and adults and is normally in the form of a small packet of powder. There a very few side effects, but you should always consult your health care provider before taking a dietary supplement. Emergen-C side effects are extremely rare but here is a list of possible Emergen-C side effects:
- Indigestion. Indigestion can occur due to high amounts of vitamin C in Emergen-C. This is usually only a side effect when taken in large amounts.
- Upset stomach. This can occur because of the soy that Emergen-C contains since some people may have a problem with soy. Check with your doctor if you are unsure of your soy intake.
- Diarrhea. This is another possible side effect due to the small amount of soy in Emergen-C. If you do have problems with soy, even in the slightest amounts, please be cautious.
- Insomia. Due to the high amounts of vitamin C contained in Emergen-C you might feel very alert and maybe a little restless if taken close to bedtime. The over alertness is normally due to very large doses of this product.
- Decrease in progesterone. Emergen-C might not be the best idea for women who are pregnant. Vitamin C can cause a decrease in the hormone progesterone and should be reconsidered.
- Nausea. A person might experience nausea if they are not used to taking dietary supplements such as powders like Emergen-C. If you have had issues in the past with dietary powders Emergen-C likely will have the same effect.
- Headache. Headaches can occur, but is usually only a symptom when too much vitamin C is taken. Be sure to monitor your intake.
- Vomiting. Normally occurs due to the feeling of nausea people sometimes experience with dietary supplements. Vomiting is rare, but can occur if extreme nausea is present.
- Heartburn. As with many food or diet products heartburn can occur due to the fizziness of Emergen-C. Talk to your health care provider to see if Emergen-C will result in your heartburn symptoms.
- Throat irritation. Another rare side effect from drinking the fizzy powder mix that Emergen-C offers. Irritation can occur with too much intake of this product.
Pain & Gain is crushing it at the box office, and frankly, we’re not surprised. Michael Bay’s action comedy stars a very ...
There are lots of ways to experience a ski resort. You can cruise the blues, challenge yourself on the blacks, hit the t ...
You don’t take Flintstone vitamins anymore, because your needs as an adult are different from what they were as a growin ...