Because he is one of the cleverest, funniest, and crudest rappers out there, there are many memorable Eminem quotes from songs. He's dissed his mother, his ex-wife, dozens of celebrities, and most often, himself, twisting language in new ways to make his hottest rhymes fit the strictures of Dr. Dre's elastic beats. Here are some of the best Eminem quotes from songs that pushed the envelope of acceptable content in popular music while selling millions of copies.
- "Earth calling, pilot to co-pilot/Looking at the life on this planet, sir, no sign of it." From "Drug Ballad" on the "Marshall Mathers LP," these lines are spoken by a potential alien looking for intelligent life on Earth, but sees that every youth is walking around in a druggy haze. It's a damning comment on today's self-medicating generation, of which Em doesn't exclude himself, and is one of the most pointed Eminem quotes from songs he's released.
- "Ready now, on the count of free/One, two, free…Whee!" This line from the most controversial track on "The Slim Shady LP," Eminem's first full-length, "'97 Bonnie & Clyde," has Em speaking in a baby-talk voice to his toddler daughter as he has her help him throw her own dead mother off of a dock into the water. Though Eminem never really did kill Kim, his baby's mama, this chilling song, delivered almost like a nursery rhyme, showed with this and other Eminem quotes from songs that he wasn't an ordinary rapper.
- "Will Smith don't gotta cuss in his raps to sell records/While I do, so fuck him and fuck you too." From his single "The Real Slim Shady" these two lines encapsulate Marshall's irreverent take on popular culture even better than many other Eminem quotes from songs. Obviously, when this song was played on the radio the f-bombs were blanked out, but everyone got the message.
- "When I go out, I'm'a go out shootin'/I don't mean when I die, when I go to the club, stupid!" From "Remember Me," this is another fierce and memorable example of Eminem quotes from songs. It's clever, the rhyme scheme is more advanced than many other rappers, and it takes his eff-you statement to another level.
- "His palms are sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy/There's vomit on his sweater already, mom's spaghetti." These opening lines to "Lose Yourself," the Oscar-winning song from "8 Mile," illustrate a young Slim Shady preparing for a battle, before he becomes the greatest rapper alive. These lyrics, combined with the rousing, building beat behind, make for one of the most motivational Eminem quotes from songs, showing where he came from and where he is now. This quote from what is probably Em's most well-known song closes out our list of Eminem quotes from songs.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.