End Of The Year Activities
Whenever the holiday season comes around, there is always more reason to be excited, especially for end of the year activities. Although the weather may not be so welcoming outside, it doesn't have to ruin your time with family and friends! There are plenty of end of the year actives one can participate in, all you need to do is grab some friends and start planning!
- Holiday Parties. The holiday season is an excellent time to get some friends and throw down! All you need to do is plan ahead. For an awesome holiday party, you can include holiday themed music ("Chestnuts Roasting", or "All I Want For Christmas" to name a few), some nifty decorations like Christmas lights or bulbs, and some easy food like guacamole and chips, shrimp cocktail, wings, and more! The good thing about parties is that it's a nice way to bring together a large social group during a bitter time of the year.
- Go Christmas Tree Shopping. Another fun idea for the end of the year is to go get some friends together and buy a Christmas tree. While some argue that they prefer not to have Christmas trees due to its relation to Christianity, today's end of the year holidays are fairly secular, which means many people, whether they are Christian or not, decide to get trees. The process of selecting and then dressing a tree with ornaments can be a fun way to gather for the holiday season, and adding some food or drink to the mix can also make it very fun!
- Go On Vacation! You've just spent the past several months possibly working incredibly long and well, let's face it: you deserve some R&R. What better way to de-stress than to grab a couple of friends and go on a vacation? Whether it's grabbing the skis and hitting the slopes in Colorado, California, or Vermont, or flying to the sun streaked islands of the Caribbean, getting away from your home and focusing your time into more important things, like your tan or that massage is an extremely fun option to do with friends. Just remember to let your work know ahead of time.
- Go Shopping. At the end of the year, if there's one thing you need, it's to see the fruits of your labor invested into things you enjoy. To some, that may be getting an entirely new wardrobe or buying those six brand new games that have gotten so much hype since February. To others it may be buying gifts for close family and friends, who have been so loving and supportive over the past year. Whatever the case, while it's important to save money, it's also important for your own sake to see some type of entertainment come out of your work.
- Volunteer. At the end of the year, one thing people tend to do is reflect on how grateful their lives are in comparison to others. There are many people that are without food, shelter, and support that could really use a good bit of cheering up, especially during the most joyous time of the year. Participate in soup kitchens near your home, or donate to charity or the Salvation Army. If you want to do more, create a charity or organize a fundraiser for a specific group of individuals. Even better, get together with some friends and help raise funds or collect goods. The idea is that the more volunteer work you put in, especially with friends, the more kindness you are showing to others; one good deed is all it takes to change a person's life.