Energy Efficient Space Heaters
Energy efficient space heaters can help lower your home’s heating costs during the winter months. Not only can they save you money, but they’re good for the environment, too. The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) does not currently rate space heaters or label them as Energy Star products. But you can still look for energy efficient space heaters. Here are five economical, energy efficient models with high customer marks.
- Ceramic Heaters: Lasko 755320. The Lasko 755320 is a top-rated ceramic tower heater. This oscillating model with a built-in fan has two heat settings, a programmable thermostat, timer and remote control. Quiet and compact, this heater provides good heat output and overheat protection. Purchase it online for about $55.
- Infrared Heaters: Optimus H-5210. The Optimus H-5210 is an infrared quartz radiant heater. This energy-saving model is ultra-quiet, with a built-in carrying handle and cool-to-the-touch housing. Safety features include a tip-over switch and overheat cut-off device. This model sells for about $25.
- Personal Heaters: Crane EE-6490. The Crane EE-6490 is a stylish personal heater that offers convenient heat through two settings. This personal ceramic heater provides safe, efficient heat. Overheat protection is a safety feature. Find this one online for about $35.
- Radiator Heaters: Delonghi TRD0715T. The Delonghi TRD0715T is an oil-filled radiator-style heater. Experts recommend this heater for well-insulated rooms where it will run for extended periods of time. Although is takes a while to heat up, this efficient model provides quiet, steady heat. Expect to pay around $75.
- Reflective Heaters: Soleus Air HR30821. The Soleus Air HR30821 is a flat-panel reflective heater with high customer ratings. Good for large, open rooms, this heater saves energy by warming objects rather than rooms. You can buy this energy efficient heater for about $40.