Equestrian accessories help horse riders to horseback safely and harness the horses' power most efficiently. Horse accessories ornament the horse so that they stand out from among the pack if you're entering an equestrian competition.
- Horseriding boots. Wearing horseriding boots must reach the knee and serve to protect the rider's leg from rubbing against the saddle too much. Also, the ridges underneath the boots act as a grip in the stirrups.
- Horse saddles or dressage saddles are specially designed equestrian seats with padding for the horseriders to feel comfortable. Equally, without using excessive strapping, the horse is more at ease, thus the saddles facilitate better communication and movement between rider and horse.
- Horse jewelry is another essential equestrian accessory. Owners can now adorn their prized horses with bejewelled horse shoes, pins and pendants coming in gold, silver and bronze.
- Gloves are used to firmly grip the straps controlling the horse. At times, the cold and the friction between the bare hands and hard straps can be unbearable.
- Equestrian spurs can be stylish accessories tailored according to gender or personal taste. These spurs are metallic instruments, fitted on the horse riding boots to urge on the horse. Riders press the spur ends on the sides of the horse as a means of communicating more speed, obedience and control.
- Helmets/cowboy hats are equestrian accessories for head protection and adornment. Similar to construction helmets, equestrian helmets are hard on the outside, but fitted with soft padding on the inside. In the case of falls, riders can shield their heads from brain damage by the helmets.
- Crop whips are an equestrian accessory used to excite horses to perform or ride faster. These crop whips are leather-made, having the form of a boat paddle. Slender and light for quick hits, although considered sometimes abusive, riders employs the crop whip to prods on the horse at races.
Posted on: Feb. 12, 2011