Essential Hang Gliding Equipment
You will need this essential hang gliding equipment before you go hang gliding. Hang gliding is an extreme sport that allows you to soar high through the air. Like all extreme sports, there are risks involved. However, those risks are minimized if you have the proper equipment. Therefore, it is crucial that you have all of the following essential hang gliding equipment before you take off.
- Glider – The glider is the most important of the essential hang gliding equipment pieces. It is the part of the equipment that allows you to fly because it houses the wings. There are many types of gliders to choose from. When picking one, you will need to base it on your level of experience.
- Altimeter – This essential hang gliding equipment piece is necessary to know your altitude. If you are going to be taking a high-altitude flight, this is a good piece of equipment to have on your journey. It is great as a safety precaution.
- Variometer – This piece of essential hang gliding equipment will keep track of your climb rate. Not only that, but it will also keep track of your rate of descent. One of the best parts of it is that it comes with an audio display, which keeps you from needing to look at it.
- Harness – The harness is the part that connects you to the glider. When shopping for a harness, look into getting one that is insulated. This will come in handy during high-altitude flights. Also, make sure to get one that fits your properly and allows you to move freely and comfortably.
- Goggles – Goggles are essential hang gliding equipment because they help you see when you are high in the air. Get a pair that come with glare reduction technology. Not only will they help you see, they are also an important component of safety. Always wear them during flights so you can protect your eyes.