Essential Kayak Fishing Accessories
Are you wondering about essential kayak fishing accessories? If you are planning a fishing trip in a kayak, there are a number of items needed to make your time on the water safe and beneficial without wasting money on unneeded items. Keep the kayak light but safe.
- Sunscreen or sun protection is an essential kayak fishing accessory. Clothing, sun glasses and skin care will be needed to protect yourself from harmful rays while on the water. Take time to care for yourself before the trip or even at home before leaving.
- A life boat and/or lifejackets. Make sure to provide a life preserver for each person that will be on the trip plus a flotation device for personal safety. These items are essential kayak fishing items that can save lives.
- A cell phone is an accessory that is essential. Place the cell phone in a plastic bag or other water protectant container for use as needed. Make sure the phone is fully charged before leaving the house.
- First aid kit. A first aid kit should be kept on the kayak at all times. You can make your own box up or purchase one already assembled.
- Compass. A compass will help with directions to and from the launch point. A compass will also enable the party to locate the precise area they chose to fish in.
- Paddle leashes. The leashes will secure the oars or paddles to the kayak. Even in the calmest of waters, leashes are essential to any kayaking trip.
- Fishing rod(s) and holders. Rods will be needed on your kayak if you plan on fishing. A fishing rod holder will keep your rod secure in any type of water.
- Bait and a bait box. Lures or bait need to be contained during the kayak trip.
- Fishing net and area to contain your catch. A fishing net is essential to a kayak fishing trip. Make sure to have your container in an accessible area.