This list of essential kayak supplies will help get you started in the world of kayaking. Any time you put your kayak in the water make sure that you have these essential kayak supplies with you. Remember, once you're out on the water you wont want to come back to shore because your forgot something.
- Sunscreen. Because you will be out in the sun, and on top of the water, you will need a strong sunscreen to protect you from the sun's reflective rays. Always wear a sunscreen with at least SPF 30 on any exposed areas of your skin, and re-apply regularly.
- Sunglasses. Sunglasses are high on the list of essential kayak supplies. Make sure you wear glasses that will protect your eyes from the glare of the sun off of the water. Remember, you need to be able to see where you're going at all times.
- Snacks. Kayaking takes tremendous upper arm and leg strength. You will need some high protein snacks to help keep up your energy, making food another essential kayak supply.
- Life jacket. Even strong swimmers wear some sort of flotation device when they are kayaking. The best kayaking occurs in rough water where the currents can easily separate you from your kayak. If you are in the water for a long period of time, a life jacket will help to keep you afloat and may just save your life.
- Personal pump. If your kayak starts taking on water, a small pump will help you get the water out of your craft quickly and easily. This is perhaps the most essential kayak supply you should be packing.
Now that you have your essential kayak supplies, grab a friend, a kayak and get out there and have fun!
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.