Essential Martial Arts Training Supplies
For safety and performance, you need essential martial arts training supplies. A wise student of martial arts knows the importance of protective gear in improving performance and reducing bodily injury. Check out the following martial arts training supplies so you can be at your very best.
- Helmet. The helmet is the most important piece of protective gear in martial arts. A good helmet has ventilation around the nose and mouth and allows for adequate visibility. It covers the front and back of the skull and provides side protection, too. This is especially important for protecting against kicks or blows to the head.
- Mouth guard. A mouth guard is essential to protect your teeth from any blows to the jaw.
- Chest protector. A chest protector is only essential to full contact martial arts, such as WTF Tae Kwon Do.
- Martial Arts Gloves. Good martial arts glove cover the knuckles and wrists. They are well padded and provide protection to the small bones in the hands and wrists.
- Shin Pads. To protect your legs from quick blows below the knee, shin pads can keep your shins free from excessive bruises.
- Boots. Boots are an optional piece of equipment, depending on the type of martial arts you are doing. They protect your opponent when you are kicking to the head. Some boots are built into the shin guards and come as one piece.
- Punching Bag. Practicing on a free-standing punching bag gives you the opportunity to practice your punches and blows on a non-threatening object. As you practice your blows, you can also focus on concentration and form.
- Weights. Weight training builds muscle and strength for peak performance and reduces your risk of injury.
- Kickboxing Shields. Using a good kickboxing shield in your martial arts practice will help you avoid injury and improve the strength and expanse of your kick.
- Basic Exercise Equipment. For excellent training in martial arts, the basics of good physical conditioning apply. Jump ropes, push up bars, resistance bands and exercise balls all help to tone the body for top performance and physical strength. Your martial arts skills will only improve as you increase your physical conditioning program.
When you use the best martial arts training supplies, you help protect yourself against unnecessary injury, while toning and conditioning your body. Focus, mental clarity, physical strength and practice all work together to help you achieve your goals in the martial arts.