Essential Scuba Diving Supplies
If you are going to be doing some scuba diving you had better make sure you have these essential scuba diving supplies before you head out. In order to make sure you have everything you should keep a checklist. This will ensure that you have everything you need so you are ready to go once you are out on the water.
- Mask. A mask will make sure you can see while you are under water. This is probably one of the most important items on your scuba diving supplies list.
- Snorkel. Although you don't need this while you are actually scuba diving, it is necessary to conserve the air in your tank when you are at the surface of the water.
- Fins. Scuba diving fins help to to move underwater. If you are not wearing them you could kick forever and not move twenty feet. They will help you cover a lot of area, and conserve your energy.
- Booties. Booties are necessary when you are scuba diving in cooler areas. They will protect your skin from cold water.
- Mitts and hood. Along with the booties, mitts and a hood are needed when you are scuba diving in colder waters. It is very important to protect your head from cold water since it is very easy to loose a lot of body heat from your head.
- Wet suit. The wet suit you choose to wear depends on the water you will be scuba diving in. If the water is very warm it may not be necessary, but in cooler waters and cold water to protect you. In warm water they may be worn just to protect you from sea life.
- Weight belt and weights. These will help you to stay underwater and keep you from floating to the top.