Essential Yoga Clothes For Men
Essential yoga clothes for men are quite scarce, considering yoga itself is meant to be relaxing and does not require an entire closet of gear and accessories. Heck, you could probably do yoga in sweatpants and a ratty old t-shirt, but if you’re going for the full-blown authentic yoga look, then worry not, for we are your loyal servants and sources of infinite physical fitness knowledge. With our help, you’ll be putting your leg behind your head in style in no time.
Here are the basics as far as yoga clothes, fellas:
- Shirts. And by shirts, there are tees, tank tops and jackets available to you. If you go to any mens yoga clothing source online to shop, you’ll notice the shirts there are not in any way special or different compared to some cheap shirt you can grab off a K-Mart clearance rack.
- Pants. Unlike ladies’ yoga pants, the ones made for the men are not quite as form-fitting…so no one will be able to tell your religion just by how much of your body is accentuated by super-tight pants. Nope, relax – mens yoga pants are pretty loose and comfortable; after all, how can you go about doing a relaxing, cleansing workout if you’re wearing skin-tight pants? You can even wear shorts if you want – there’s no pants length prerequisite when you’re bending to and fro.
- Outerwear. While this isn’t a necessity, you can always wear a jacket over your shirt. More yoga clothes does not a more successful workout make, so don’t bother weighing yourself down with an extra layer or two of fabric if you don’t want to. This is more, I guess, if you feel the need to do yoga on your back porch on a windy day. Your lonely lady neighbor may be quite impressed and aroused by a man who can tie himself into a knot.
- Shoes. Yoga is almost always done without shoes, so you don’t need to go out and spend several hundreds of dollars on designer sneakers. So while shoes are not essential, it’s good to know that footwear beyond socks is not a must and you will not be laughed at by the yoga gods if you don’t have the nicest shoes in the room.
- Mats. Okay, this isn’t exactly clothing, but your joints will thank you for splurging on a yoga mat. Even if you’re stretching and contorting on a carpet, get a mat…otherwise, you’ll end up sliding all over the floor.
Honestly, the whole point of yoga clothes for either gender is to look good while sweating and bending yourself into positions that put the Kama Sutra to shame. You don’t need special clothing to do this – go to your local thrift store and get some workout pants for a buck or two and a plain old t-shirt. Nobody needs organic expensive pants just to sweat all over. What you wear will not impact the quality of your workout unless you allow it to.