The familiar saying, everything happens for a reason, is a coping mechanism when unexplainable or painful events occur. But, until the reason is understood, the lesson behind the event cannot be learned. The thinking, reasoning human being wants to know whatever happens in life is not by chance, including the following individuals.
- “I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you can appreciate them when they’re right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.”- Marilyn Monroe. Your friend since kindergarten doesn’t think it’s cool to be seen with you now that you’re both in college. In her quote, Monroe acknowledges the pain behind the loss of a friend, and the lesson learned when she said, people change so that you can learn to let go.
- “I believe that everything happens for a reason, but I think it’s important to seek out that reason; that’s how we learn.” – Drew Barrymore. Drew Barrymore goes a step further than just believing everything happens for a reason. She also places equal emphasis on using signal moments in life as teaching lessons.
- “I trust that everything happens for a reason, even when we’re not wise enough to see it.” – Oprah Winfrey. In one of Winfrey’s ah hah moments, she links the thought of everything happens for a reason with the ability to comprehend the cause. Antonio Porchia said, I know what I have given you. I do not know what you have received.
- “Life is too short to wake up with regrets. So love the people who treat you right. Pray for the ones who don’t. Believe everything happens for a reason. If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.” – Dawna L. White. So, maybe things didn’t turn out the way you wanted them to. Learn for the experience, and move on.
- “I think everything happens for a reason, although I’m not sure what that reason is yet.” – John Leslie. The answers will come. Zora Neale Hurston said, “There are years that ask questions and years that answer.” The answers will come when you are ready to receive them.
- “I think everything happens for a reason, so there is no such thing as fail.” – Kate Olsen. To fail can be seen as an opportunity to start again, or a valuable learning experience. But to deny there is no such thing as fail is to deny reality.
- “I don’t believe in luck. I believe everything happens for a reason.” – Nelly. Yes, everything happens for a reason, and it’s called life. Live, learn, and grown.
In the end, the phrase everything happens for a reason is the belief in the uniqueness of each individual, and that there is a purpose behind each life event.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.