Evista Side Effects
It is important to take into consideration Evista side effects before making the decision to take the drug. Evista is primarily used to treat the symptoms of osteoporosis in post menapausal women, and although it is not recommended, it has been prescribed off label for men who are also sufferering from bone loss. There is always the risk of side effects with any medication, and Evista is no different. Make sure to pay attention when you first start taking Evista and if you have any questions about side effects, call your doctor.
- Severe allergic reaction. A severe allergic reaction is a possible Evista side effect. If you find that you break out into a rash or hives, or have a hard time breathing you should call your doctor. An allergic reaction could also include swelling in and around your face including the lips, mouth and tongue.
- Back pain. Another of the possible Evista side effects that would require a call to the doctor is back pain, or pain in the side. This would also be the case if you find yourself having chest pains.
- Loss of vision. Although it is not common, loss of vision or just changes in your vision are an Evista side effect. This is another one of the more serious side effects so a call to the doctor would be necessary.
- Increased sweating. This side effect is usually found to happen within the first six months of taking Evista. Increased sweating along with hot flashes are common while taking Evista, but not a severe problem.
- Leg cramps. Leg cramps are another one of the more common side effects and were found to happed in about one in fourteen people who were taking Evista. Although painful and a nuisance, they are not a serious side effect.