These exercises to strengthen the lower back fior men are designed not only to strengthen the back, but to prevent injury and chronic pain and make you more resilient. A little exercise goes a long way toward pain prevention. If you already have lower back pain or herniated disks, talk to your doctor before performing back strengthening exercises.
- Lunges. Stand up straight with your hands on your hips. Take a giant step forward with your right leg. Let gravity pull you down so that your calf is perpendicular to the floor. Push yourself back to your original position. Repeat this exercise with the other leg. Lunges are great exercises to strengthen the lower back and prevent spinal injuries.
- Hip Bridge. Lie on your back with knees bent and feet flat on the floor. Keep your arms relaxed at the sides. Contract your butt cheeks while lifting your butt off the floor. Pull the butt upward until your legs and chest form a straight line between your shoulders and your knees. Hold for five seconds, then return to the original position. Relax and feel the sensations in the body. Repeat a few times. After a while, you should be able to perform this lower back strengthening exercise ten or twelve times.
- Superman stretch. Lie on your belly with your arms extended forward. On the inhale, lift your chest and arms six inches off the ground while also lifting your legs. Hold for 30 seconds or work yourself up to this point over time. Do this ten times and up to three times per day.
- Knees to chest stretch. Lie on your back with knees bent. Grab your knees and pull them to your chest like you are hugging them. Your calves should be resting on your thighs. Hold for ten seconds and release. Do this exercise a few times per day to strengthen the lower back.
- Abdominal stretch. Lie on your back with your knees bent and your hands in back of your head. Exhale and pull your upper back off the ground while pushing your lower back into the ground. You will feel a contraction in your abdominal muscles. Do not pull your head up with your hands. The hands should rest comfortably with the palms on the back of the head. Next, inhale and lower your head and upper back to the ground . Repeat the process a few times. This is one of the best exercises to strengthen the lower back if you do it slowly and mindfully, so don't rush.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
You might be little spoon or perhaps a Belieber. Or, if you’re lucky, one popular country star.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.