By keeping some basic guidelines in mind, you can learn some great, extreme hang gliding safety tips. Though extreme hang gliding can be a relatively dangerous sport, when done correctly, the risks associated with it can be kept to a minimum. For best results, those who are new to extreme hang gliding should be sure to take several lessons from an individual skilled in the sport in order to prevent potential injury. In addition, extreme hang gliders should always use caution and should avoid "hot-dogging" in order to prevent injury.
- Hang glider
- Jump suit
- Take lessons. Typically, individuals are required to participate in at least 10 hours of extreme hang gliding lessons before they can participate in the sport themselves. While these time requirements are the minimum, the more time you spend, the safer your experience will be.
- Use the right safety features. Those who are considering hang gliding must rent or purchase the right type of equipment in order to ensure extreme hang gliding safety. A hang gliding jumpsuit, parachute, helmet, and goggles are typically needed, along with other materials. Make sure that the helmet and parachute, especially is of a very high quality.
- Make sure that the hang glider is in good condition before making a run. Examine the glider to make sure that it has all appropriate wires, bolts, ropes, and wing tips. In addition, examine the glider from a distance in order to make sure that both sides of the hang glider appear symmetrical.
- Avoid extreme hang gliding during periods when winds are very high of difficult to anticipate. This is especially important for those who are new to extreme hang gliding. However, even the most experienced extreme hang gliders can have a hard time landing and controlling their gilders on very windy days.
- Make sure that individuals preparing your hang glider are away of any changes in body weight. A weight loss or gain or even five pounds can be very important when it comes to extreme hang gliding, as it can significantly alter the effectiveness of the extreme hang glider.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.