Are you looking for Facebook help? Facebook is probably the biggest and most popular social network currently online. Founded as a way for college students to stay in touch with their friends, the network has grown to include family, co-workers, businesses and even celebrities. There was even a movie about the founding of Facebook that just happened to win a couple of Academy Awards.
If you're new to Facebook, you may find the new interface a bit confusing (even some of the regulars find the site confusing at times), but luckily there are ways to get the help you need to get started.
In order to receive Facebook help, you'll need:
- A computer or mobile phone
- An internet connection
- Go to Facebook. If you don't have an account, you can sign up for one in less than ten minutes; if you already have an account, sign in.
- You will be brought to your profile page. Your profile page is where you see all updates from your friends, family and fan pages you have liked. You can also view anyone who is currently online, events that are coming up (like birthdays) and change parts of your profile. You can also make posts from this page.
- The left side of your profile holds the ability to make edits to your page. The left hand side of the website also shows who's currently online and games or apps you are using.
- The middle on the page is where you will find recent posts from your friends, family, fan pages and anyone you have agreed to be friends with. This is also where you can make your own posts.
- On the right hand side, you'll find events you are invited to or events that are coming up; if a friend has agreed to show you their birthday, it will be here. Adds are also on this side, as well as anyone who has poked you. At the top of the page is where you will find details about your account, where to change your privacy settings and where you can signout if using a computer that is not yours.
- If you're a new user you should probably start setting up your privacy settings. Here, you can state which apps and games are allowed to access your information, as well as being able to state if you want your profile to be public or private. Public profiles can be seen by anyone, while private ones need to have your permission in order to view them. This is a good way to make sure that only people you know will be your friends on Facebook.
- You can add friends to your Facebook profile in several ways. When first signing up, Facebook will ask if you want to find or invite people via your email address. If you find a friend's Facebook page via email address, Facebook will ask if you know him. If you do, you can send him a message and ask if he will become your friend. The other way to add friends to your profile is to do a search for them; this may be difficult if your friend has a common name—like David Jones—or if they are using another name, such a female friend using her married name.
Getting Facebook help is actually quite easy and Facebook even has a page devoted to explaining the ins and outs of the site, including how to get started, adding friends, using the games and apps and how setup your privacy setting.