Facebook is the largest social networking site in the world right now, with more than 600 million users worldwide, but with a few Facebook Plugins, you can customize your page or connect to the rest of your online life. Some of the most popular Facebook plugins are related to Wordpress. Whether you want to merge your comments; post blogs on Facebook; or link your Facebook and Wordpress accounts completely; there is a plugin out there that can do it. Here are five of the best plugins for Facebook and Wordpress that will make it straightforward to connect these two platforms.
- Facebook Dashboard Widget Plugin. This plugin lets you view all your friends Facebook updates on your Wordpress dashboard. This widget parallels your friends' activity on Facebook onto your Wordpress account so that you're always up to date. This widget plugin is also a great way to by-pass proxys that prevent you from viewing Facebook because all your friends' updates will still show up on your Wordpress account.
- Add on Facebook Plugin. Installing this plugin on your Wordpress blog creates a footer underneath each blog post with a clickable link. Once you click on this link you can send your Wordpress blog post onto your Facebook mini-feed so that your Facebook friends can all view it in their feeds. The plugin enables both a text link or a button to be displayed with the blog post on Wordpress.
- WP-FBConnect Plugin. The WP-FBConnect Plugin automatically adds a Facebook connection to your Wordpress posts through the use of Facebook Connect APIs. Once you've linked your Facebook and Wordpress accounts, you won't need to be signed in to Facebook for your post to be sent to you Facebook feed, the plugin will do it for you automatically. This plugin also lets you choose whether you want comments that are posted under your Wordpress blog post to be posted onto your Facebook newsfeed or not.
- Facebook Comments Plugin. This plugin imports any Facebook comments to your Wordpress blog so that when you check your post on Wordpress you'll be able to see all comments (either Facebook or Wordpress) under your blog post. You'll need to link your Facebook and Wordpress accounts and then your Wordpress blog will update automatically whenever a comment comes through. The Facebook Comments plugin ensures that you won't miss a single comment and will be able to keep up to date with everything going on in response to your post.
- Facebook Photos Plugin. This plugin lets you upload photos on Facebook onto your Wordpress blog. It's a simple plugin that requires a simple installation and linking your Wordpress and Facebook accounts. Once you've gone through this procedure you'll easily be able to move photos from your Facebook account onto your Wordpress blog whenever you want. The plugin also lets you choose the size you want the photo to appear in your blog—small, medium or large—and the alignment. The Facebook Photos plugin really lets you customize whatever photo you're importing.