Unless you’re a computer geek, you probably don’t know that there is a world of Facebook secrets to be discovered. In fact, you’ve probably never even though of the possibility, but there are several Facebook tricks that will make trolling the network even more enjoyable and addictive. These Facebook secrets will revamp your Facebook homepage and profile for a smoother, new and improved social networking experience you never even knew was possible.
- Removing Advertisements. Begin your Facebook makeover by getting rid of those pesky advertisements. You can install the Facebook: Cleaner, which you can find on userscripts.org. This simple script is one of the best-kept Facebook secrets that will banish annoying ads and banners. You can even customize the cleaner if you want certain ads to appear. This means that you can opt to only view the ads on activities and products you’re actually interested in.
- Accessing Facebook Chat from Firefox Sidebar. Facebook chat is a nifty tool that lets you chat and communicate with your friends faster than wall post and messages allow. Now you can access Facebook chat to talk to your Facebook friends without being stuck on the Facebook page. Go to the top navigation of Firefox and select “Bookmarks” and then “Organize Bookmarks.” Click “New Bookmark” and entitle it “Facebook Chats.” For location, enter: http://www.facebook.com/presence/popout.php. Check the box that says “Load this bookmark in sidebar.” Voila!
- Schedule Messages. Of all the Facebook secrets, this is the one that will really help you stay organized and on top of things. You can purchase a feature that allows you to write messages and schedule a time and date for them to be sent. This is an especially great option for small businesses as well. Visit sendible.com to view plans and prices.
- Hide Updates from Newsfeed. This is one of the Facebook secrets that will help you keep your own secrets. Sometimes you don’t want all your business advertised on Newsfeed. Now you can hide certain updates, whether you friend someone new or become a fan of a certain page. Click on “Settings” on your homepage. Select “Privacy Settings” and then “Profile.” Click “Status Updates.” You can then choose which friends you want to allow to view your updates so you can keep your own Facebook secrets.
- Download Facebook Albums. Sharing photos of events with family and friends helps you compile good records of fun memories. But copying and pasting individual pictures is time-consuming, and sometimes the quality of photos is diminished. This Facebook secret’s convenience lies in the FacePAD: Facebook Photo Album Downloader. You can download entire Facebook albums with one click, whether you choose to download your friends’ albums or your own.
Chances are you log onto your Facebook to update your status or check your friends’ updates several times a day. Facebook secrets are all about giving you what you want and making your leisure time even better. These Facebook secrets will customize your homepage and profile even further so that you have just the information you want with as little of the hassle as possible.