Facebook statistics are interesting to analyze. After all, this social networking site has changed a lot since its introduction in February 2004. Facebook is now one of the most popular social networking sites online today. Just take a look at these statistics and you will be able to learn a lot about Facebook:
- 48% of adults between the age of eighteen and 34 admit to checking their Facebook page when they wake up in the morning. In fact, 28% of them do this before they even get out of bed. This is the demographic that makes up 30% of Facebook’s user base.
- Approximately 72% of Internet users in America are on Facebook. However, only 70% of Internet users outside of America are on Facebook.
- Facebook is used for connecting one million developers and entrepreneurs. These folks are located in more than 180 countries throughout the world. There are also 80,000 websites that use Facebook for business promotion.
- People spend more than 700 billion minutes per month on Facebook. With this in mind it should come as no surprise that twenty million applications are installed each day and more than 250 million people from outside the website, across two million other websites, interact on Facebook.
- There are more than 200 million people who access Facebook from their mobile phone. This is because 48% of these people are dependent upon Facebook to get the news that they receive. It is actually quite easy to do so considering that one million links are shared, two million friend requests are accepted and three million messages are sent every twenty minutes on Facebook. There are also 80,000 wall posts and 500,000 comments made every minute.