Facebook Tag Your Friends In Posts
If you want to share something on Facebook and make sure your friends get the recognition they deserve, you'll want to know how to Facebook tag your friends in posts. Facebook tags can be applied to status updates, posts, photos, links, videos, and notes. Each process is a little different, but if you approach each type as a separate step you will soon be able to tag your friends in any Facebook post.
To Facebook tag your friends in posts, you will need:
- A computer.
- Internet access.
- An active Facebook account.
- A message, photo, video, link, or note to post.
- Facebook friends!
- Facebook tag your friends in status updates To Facebook tag your friends in a status update, first write a message in the box that reads "What's on your mind?" (The "status" tab is chosen by default.) Wherever you want to add the tag type "@" and start typing your friend's name. A drop down menu will allow you to click their picture to add them. Your friend is now "tagged"!
- Facebook tag your friends in posts on a friend's wall. To Facebook tag a friend in posts on a friend's walls, you first click on their name or picture to go to their wall. (Here the "post" tab is the default.) Write a message in the box with the words "write something". Use the "@" and drop down menu to add your friend's name and post it!
- Facebook tag your friends in photos. You can tag your friends in photos of your own, friends' photos, or photo memes (A bunch of pictures in a group where you choose which best matches your different friends.). Once you find or upload a photo you want to tag, click on the photo. Click on "tag photo" at the bottom left of the photo. Then click on the face you want to tag and add the name of the person. You can also just click anywhere to tag a person who isn't in the picture, if you want to make sure they see it.
- Facebook tag your friends in links. To tag a friend in a link, use the "link" tab, (on the same bar as the "status" or "post" tabs.) Add your link. Click attach. A new box will ask you to "Say something about this link." There you can tag your friends, just as you would in a post.
- Facebook tag your friends in videos. To tag a video, click on it and use the "Tag this Video" link on the lower right side. You can then add a name to the box beneath the video, telling who is in it. You can also tag people when you upload a video by using the "@" and a name in the "Say something about this video " box.
- Facebook tag your friends in notes. Notes are a fun type of Facebook post for exchanging ideas, and creating polls and surveys. To write a note, you will have to go to your wall page, and click on the "notes" link under your picture. You then click "Write a Note" in the upper right hand corner. Create your note in the form there. When finished, you can tag your friends by typing their names in the box at the bottom and clicking on their pictures.
Facebook is all about sharing with friends. When you Facebook tag your friends in posts, they are more likely to get the message, and to share their posts with you. Happy tagging!