Nearly everyone seems to be on Facebook these days, and these Facebook tips are here to help you make the best of your time on the social networking website. Facebook has grown from a site for college students to a site for everyone from teens on up. Along with individuals, businesses have also found a great home on Facebook and additional ways to interact with consumers. Here are some awesome Facebook tips that just about anyone can utilize:
- Change your privacy settings. Privacy settings are a major concern for many users of social networking sites. To be sure you have chosen the privacy settings that are best for you, go to your account settings and update your privacy settings. This is one of the most important Facebook tips, so be sure to check them regularly, as Facebook may change the privacy settings from time to time.
- Only friend people and businesses you know. Since Facebook is accessible by nearly everyone in the world, be sure you know who you befriend on the website. This Facebook tip will limit the chance of scammers, as well as limit the chance your information gets in the wrong hands.
- Be careful when sharing information. Take caution when posting statuses about your location, posting your cell phone number or address, or your place of work. These are all ways for people to know where you are, which may prove dangerous, especially if you are "friends" with people you don't know on Facebook. This is a very important Facebook tip for your safety on the website.
- Connect with businesses. There are innumerable businesses on Facebook, from restaurants to clothing stores to online shops. Many businesses that are on Facebook choose to make deals available that are specifically for people who are "fans" of their business, so becoming a fan of a business' Facebook page may help you save money.
- Don't post incriminating content. Unless you want to get into trouble, it is strongly preferable not to post content that would incriminate you. Whether photos, wall posts, status updates, or any other post on Facebook, be sure what you are doing is legal. Follow this Facebook tip, and you shouldn't have any problems.