Fall 2010 Fashion Trends
Fall 2010 fashion trends were a return to previous generations, military style and risque material. While women's clothing dominated the new fashion trends scene, there were a few surprising trends in male clothing. Suits, velvet and brooches were among the featured favorites.
- Military Themes Men's clothing highlighted this fall 2010 fashion trend. Army- and air force-themed jackets and boots were the norm on the runway. Colors such as army green, dark navy and fatigue inspired patterns were witnessed.
- Men's Suits Three piece suits and bow ties were a popular fall 2010 fashion trend. Men's suits began to resemble those of older generations. Sack suits were also popular on the runway, which is a more relaxed alternative to sleeker cuts.
- Velvet One of the fall 2010 fashion trends in men's clothing was velvet. The fabric was featured on blazers and suits alike. Even lapels were covered in the material.
- Brooches A sense of style and individuality in men's clothing was a fall 2010 fashion trend. Brooches in a variety of styles were seen complementing suits and jackets. Part of the emerging trend of "refinement" and "sophistication" in men's clothing, brooches proved to be a versatile accessory.
- Leather Jackets Men's outerwear marked a fall 2010 fashion trend that varied between the classic leather look and a flamboyant display of diamonds and fur. Some designers decided to turn black leather into an accessory statement, with add-ons such as plaid, lambskin and diamond stitching.
- Plaids One of the pattern fall 2010 fashion trends in men's clothing was the use of plaids. They were seen on jackets, pants and shirts. Plaid shoes were also a popular item.
- Fur Fur was another popular material for menswear during the fall of 2010. Parkas, boots and jackets featured raccoon collars and detachable linings made out of rabbit fur.
- Rugged Appearance Many of the clothing ensembles during fall 2010 were designed to give men a rustic, rugged and strong appearance. Male models displayed a sense of the rugged outdoorsman, the all-star athlete and the biker rebel.
- Black and Greys A lot of the clothing that was seen on runways in the fall of 2010 featured the colors of black and gray. Some designers used the colors to display a sense of luxury and elegance in their clothing. This is fall 2010 fashion trend that is sure to stick around.
- A Return to the '70s One of the fall 2010 fashion trends in men's clothing was a return to a previous decade. Prada's line incorporated some of the print trends from the 1970s into their men's shirts and jackets.