Fall Decorating Ideas
Having company this weekend and need a few fall decorating ideas? Fall is a really fun time of year to decorate your home, because there are so much cheap and easy ways to decorate with items found in nature. Fortunately, if you’re on a tight budget, there are a lot of ways to decorate your home for fall without a professional decorator and without breaking the bank.
- Neutral colored throws. Fall is the perfect time of year to put a few extra throws on the sofa and around your home. Stick to neutral colored blankets in shades of brown, orange and yellow. Organic materials such as cotton and wool will keep your guests warm when the nights start to get chilly.
- Table Linen. Experiment with different shades and textures of table linen. Trade out your summer table cloth for a beige, brown or neutral toned table cloth. Matching, or coordinating, cloth napkins can be adorned with rustic looking wood napkin rings.
- Pumpkins. Pumpkins are perfect for fall decorating. Make a table arrangement with a few smaller sized pumpkins and gourds arranged on a pretty placemat. Acorns and a few decorative leaves would be a nice addition to the arrangement.
- Corn. Decorate your front door with a large bunch of beautifully colored Indian corn. Tie the corn together with a big raffia bow. Most farmers’ markets and food stands sell bunches of Indian corn for less than ten dollars in the late summer and early fall.
- Candles. Choose a selection of brown, orange and gold candles to display around your home. Fall scents like apple, pumpkin pie, and cinnamon, smell good and are typically the right color scheme for fall decorating.
- Apples. Nothing says fall, like a big bowl of freshly picked apples. Pick up a bag at your local orchard and display them in a pretty crystal bowl. Add a bag of nuts for added color and depth. Keep a nutcracker nearby for hungry guests.