Fall Punch Recipe
This fall punch recipe with a cranberry zing is sure to be a hit at any party or holiday function. By using an ice ring made by preparing and freezing a ring mold pan with six cups of water, orange slice halves and whole cranberries; this tasty punch recipe is an elegant choice to grace any table as a stunning centerpiece when placed on a contrasting colored tablecloth. The ice ring can be frozen days in advance for easier preparation. The following punch recipe makes 30 four ounce servings.
- 2-12 oz cans frozen cranberry juice concentrate (thawed)
- 1/2-1 liter lemon-lime carbonated beverage or sparkling water (chilled)
- Optional: prepared frozen ice ring
- Optional: plain or cranberry-flavored vodka
- Mix the juices. Combine 2-12 oz cans of thawed frozen cranberry juice concentrate with 2-24 oz bottles of unsweetened white grape juice in a punch bowl.
- Add sparkle. Just before serving, add 1/2-1 liter of a lemon-lime carbonated beverage or sparkling water.
- Top with the ice ring. Carefully add the ice ring to the prepared fall punch recipe.
- Optional alcoholic ingredient. Plain or cranberry-flavored vodka may be added to the punch to the desired taste or simply placed near the punch bowl for guests to add their own.
- Serve. Ladle into cups to serve.
Tips and Warnings:
- Because the juices and carbonated beverages are pre-sweetened; it is unnecessary to add sugar or sugar syrups. For those watching their sugar intake, one of the many sugar-free alternatives may be substituted in place of any of the liquid ingredients.
- All alcoholic beverages should be clearly labeled, especially when served in a punch bowl to avoid under age children from having access. Providing one punch bowl for alcoholic and one for non-alcoholic punch is optimal.