Whether forced upon us or fought for, change comes to all as the following famous quotes about change suggest. A job change could mushroom into multiple changes: a move to a new neighborhood, school or friends. Read on to see how some people view change for some insightful tips.
- “We must be the change we want to see.” Mahatma Gandhi There is a Bible verse that makes this Gandhi quote even plainer First remove the plank from your own eye and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye (Matthew 7: 5, KJV).
- “God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference.” Reinhold Niebuhr You cannot change the place of your birth, but you can change the place where you chose to live and with wisdom you will know the difference.
- “Women marry men hoping they will change. Men marry hoping they will not. So each is inevitably disappointed.” Albert Einstein Entering into marriage with unrealistic expectations of yourself or your mate will minimize chances for a fulfilling marital relationship.
- “I can’t change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.” Jimmy Dean Be flexible. You may reach port from a different route later than planned, but with determination you will arrive at your goal.
- “A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject.” Winston Churchill The person who will not listen to an opposing viewpoint will be seen as unreasonable and because of this will never be really heard.
- “I can be changed by what happens to me, but I refuse to be reduced by it.” Maya Angelou This famous change quote can be defined by a Zig Ziglar quote: failure is an event, not a person. Don’t let an event determine your value as a person.
- “I’ve noticed that even people who claim everything is predestined and that we can do nothing to change it look both ways before they cross the road.” Stephen Hawking If you believe what you say, prove it by your actions. To put it more succinctly, Faith without works is dead (James 2: 20).
- “The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change.” Carl Rogers Accept yourself, warts and all. Once you accept your strengths and weaknesses, you can work on what needs to be changed.
- “Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.” John Wooden To fall short at the end of a task is not the end of the world. However, to not change the ship’s course when there is an iceberg is in its path could be deadly.
- “Not everything that is faced can be changed. But nothing can be changed until it is faced.” James Arthur Baldwin Acknowledgment is the first key to change. If there is an element that cannot be changed, acknowledgment opens the door to acceptance and a sense of peace.
If your life is about to undergo a change, know that others have gone through its unknown tunnel, too, whose experiences have given us famous quotes about change as an encouraging guide.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.