Famous quotes about the family can be traced back to the beginning of civilization. The definition of a family changes over time and from culture to culture and millions of individuals have weighed in on what it means to them. Here are the five best quotes on family.
- “Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family: Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one.” Jane Howard – A respected English novelist, Jane Howard’s work was strongly influenced by family, a fact not lost upon her. With this quote Jane Howard was really able to capture the fact that no matter how we refer to a family it still holds the same importance for all people, no matter whom you are or where you’re from.
- “A family is a place where minds come in contact with one another.” Buddha (563 BC-483 BC) – This great quote comes from a source that still influences a large part of Eastern philosophy and rightfully so. Buddha’s teaching lead to an entirely new philosophy or religion and covered several aspects of life including family. This quote is very thought provoking and touches on the deeper meaning of the family.
- “The strength of a nation derives from the integrity of the home.” Confucius (BC 551-BC 479) – Another brilliant mind in Eastern philosophy and history, Confucius’s teaching still hold influence today, especially in China. This quote is a perfect example of why. Confucius was a great mind and made the connection between the strength of individual families and the strength of the greater society.
- “The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works is the family.” Lee Iacocca – Lee Iacocca is not only a world famous business man but the author of several books. Through all his experience in several different arenas, family was the only institution he had full trust in. Family was the only thing that he could find that was purely beneficial.
- “In every conceivable manner, the family is link to our past, bridge to our future.” Alex Haley – Haley, a famous African American author who wrote “Roots”, says that the family is what keeps us connected to where we come from, but allows us to get where we are going. We learn about are ancestry from our family but our family is also the foundation that allows us to move forward in life.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …