Famous quotes about friendship show the complexity and simplicity in the melding of two kindred spirits. The following famous quotes contain the recipe ingredients for a good friendship.
- “To the world you may be just one person, but to one person you may be the world.” (Brandi Snyder). A shelter for the homeless, food for the starving, water for the thirsty, that’s what a friendship means to some.
- “True friendship comes when the silence between two people is comfortable.” (David Tyson Gentry). In a true friendship, all the walls come down, and there is no need to hide behind words.
- “Don’t walk in front of me; I may not follow. Don’t walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.” (Albert Camus). In this famous quote about friendship, Camus asserts that he has no need to feel superior or inferior to anyone, but what he desires in a friend is a companion.
- “I don’t need a friend who changes when I change and who nods when I nod; my shadow does that much better.” (Plutarch). This famous quote about friendship paints a perfect portrait of a superficial friendship, and one that is lacking in sincerity.
- “I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends.” (Abraham Lincoln). President Lincoln had a unique idea, in that he would draw his enemies within his circle of friends. Perhaps, he thought that when his enemy got to know him better any erroneous misconceptions would be dispelled along with any bitter feelings.
- “True friends stab you in the front.” (Oscar Wilde). Wilde, goes the truth told in satire route, and emphasizes the point that a friend will tell you the truth even if it hurts.
- “In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.” (Martin Luther King, Jr.). When accusing voices fill the air the only voice the assailed strains to hear is the comforting voice of a friend.
- “Eros will have naked bodies; Friendship naked personalities.” (C. S. Lewis). In sexual intimacy there is a baring of the bodies, but in a true friendship character veneers are stripped to the core revealing the true person, and the friendship still remains intact.
Sincerity, honesty, openness, and accountability are friendship ingredients taken from the famous friendship quotes grocery shelf. Without these ingredients the friendship will not be palatable.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.