Famous Quotes About Life
Famous quotes about life can help us understand and live life better. With all of life’s complexities we are constantly striving to make sense of the life we live. Sometimes, all you need are simple quotes about life to summarize aspects of life to help us get thru it better.
- “A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life.” This quote by Charles Darwin essentially tells us that life is short and to make the best of it. This message is aptly from the man who discovered the evolutionary theory of man.
- “Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.” This is perhaps a good mantra to life seeing it is a famous quote from Buddha. Too many people whine and gripe about the past to actually have time to live in the present. Some people forgo the present to work for their future dreams. They neglect relationships in the present with family or loved ones as they work for the future.
- “Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.” This is another famous quote about life that tells us to stop whining about its unfairness. Mark Twain adds a little humour to this by saying that the world was here first. However, the message is unmistakable – do not live life thinking that we are owed anything – in doing so we must cherish everything we are given.
- “Every man dies. Not every man really lives.” This famous quote about life is by William Wallace. It is a wonderful reminder to stop worrying about the little things in life as we will all eventually die and all these worries will be in insubstantial. The idea is to live life to the fullest with those that we love and doing things we have passions for.
- “In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on.” This Robert Frost life quote best describes how we should subscribe to living life. Life is constantly moving forward and so should our lives. It is no use to dwell in the past as we should just move along in our lives.
- “Life must be lived as play.” Plato, the Greek philosopher’s, famous life quote about life tells us that life is not just one-dimensional. Plato says that to live a complete life, you must have fun at it.
- “Maybe all one can do is hope to end up with the right regrets.” Many people live life fearing of making mistakes. Arthur Miller’s famous quote about life says that life will eventually be full of regrets. His “right regrets’ refers to mistakes worth making at will let us learn or enrich our lives.
- “Not life, but good life, is to be chiefly valued.” This is another Greek philosopher’s famous quote about life. Socrates emphasizes that life lives means nothing, however, it’s the quality of life that counts. It could be achieving something substantial, a goal, or an enriching family life, a good life is certainly a valuable achievement.
- “The great use of life is to spend it for something that will outlast it.” While many people chase objective that they will certainly not bring to their graves. This famous life quote by William James brings about the noble cause of using our lives to create something to impact others way after we are gone. It could be charity work or just teaching our young, or simply helping someone in need hoping they will “pass it on”.
- “Use your health, even to the point of wearing it out. That is what it is for. Spend all you have before you die; do not outlive yourself.” In this famous life quote, George Bernard Shaw tells us to live life to the fullest and give some guidelines. His quote tells us that we should live life and not be afraid to lose it, and spend our money and energies on our passions to the maximum.