If you’re wondering which celebrities hail from the Lone Star state, check out this list of famous Texans. The people below include politicians, actors, and musicians. Some still have their Texan drawl and Southern roots, while others might surprise you with their presence on the list.
- George W. Bush This famous Texan and politician became the 43rd President of the United States in 2000. He has always identified as a Texan and often visited his ranch back in the state during his terms in office. Bush also served as governor of Texas and co-owner of the Texas Rangers.
- Willie Nelson This acclaimed musician was born and raised in Texas and developed as an artist while living in the state. This famous Texan has a number of all-time music hits including “On the Road Again” and “Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain.”
- Jamie Foxx An Academy Award winning actor, Foxx has starred in a number of blockbusters like “Dreamgirls,” “Collateral,” and “Any Given Sunday.” This famous Texan’s biggest film, “Ray,” also allowed him to make his mark as a musician.
- Matthew McConaughey A magnet for women, McConaughey has stayed true to his Texan roots throughout his career, often speaking in his famous drawl for many of his films. This famous Texan is best known for his roles in “Dazed and Confused,” “A Time To Kill,” and “We Are Marshall.”
- Renee Zellweger This Texas-born actress might be a surprising name on the list, but she spent her entire childhood in Texas and attended the University of Texas at Austin. She broke out as an actress after appearing alongside Tom Cruise in “Jerry Maguire.” This famous Texan has also appeared in movies like “Chicago,” “Bridget Jones’s Diary,” and “Cold Mountain.”
- Woody Harrelson This actor was born in Midland, Texas and later moved out to New York to become a star. This famous Texan is known for his quirky personality and his roles in films like “Natural Born Killers,” “The People vs. Larry Flynt,” and “Zombieland.”
- Eva Longoria This famous Texan was born near Corpus Christi and studied at Texas A&M University. She is best known for playing spoiled but hot Gabrielle on ABC’s “Desperate Housewives.”
- Jessica Simpson This famous Texan singer is known for her ditzy behavior and Southern accent. She never turns down an opportunity to celebrate her Texan roots, whether it’s eating homemade fried food or cheering on the Dallas Cowboys (though that past-time didn’t turn out well).