When you find yourself formulating a FarmVille strategy you are wasting precious company time by frittering away corporate resources on Facebook. Good God man, take a look at yourself. No one really cares and the ones that do are more demented than you. But then again, FarmVille is a video game. Perhaps it is okay to stick it to The Man and harvest crops on the bosses time. But you will need a strategy. FarmVille is a soul sucking time waster and you must plan accordingly otherwise you will never get anywhere.
- Crops. Any FarmVille strategy you come up must include getting the most from your crops. Especially if you are a beginner. When you have minimal funds or resources, crops are just important as networking with a bunch of other losers (or farmers) like yourself. The key is to understand how long it takes to grow crops and realize if you do not harvest them in the same amount of time they will go to waste. Choose crops that fit your time frame because withered or wasted crops suck.
- Friends. Much like Facebook's core strategy. FarmVille forces you to become social and post meaningless things to your pretend friends. The more fake farming friends you fetch, the more FarmVille unfolds. You will get more land, more cash and also free stuff. The nice thing about giving and receiving gifts is you can actually use the stuff on your farm unlike those lame virtual gifts people used to give each other on Facebook.
- Technology counts. One bit of FarmVille strategy worth mentioning is to consider what platform you are playing it on. Bloated old smart phones with barely any memory will lag a lot more than a PC. Oh and try using any browser except IE.
- Moo. There is more to FarmVille than watering your crops. You can also get livestock and plant trees. These are more of a long term strategy but as you build up your farm you will notice they slowly change into a steady stream of revenue.
- Time. The most obvious FarmVille strategy is to cut off the real world and sequester yourself in a dark hole where your children cannot find you. The more time you put into FarmVille, the bigger and nicer your farm becomes. But if one day you notice you have the best fake farm in all the land, you should probably take a step back and assess your life. And then shower.