Fashion In 1950
Similar to all eras in American fashion, fashion in the 1950's left us with some memorable styles of dress that are still popular today. Fashion works in cycles. The things of yesteryear always seem to resurface in the here and now. Fashion of the 1950's isn't any different. Just look around you. Generations younger then your own borrow from the generations that preceded them. Fashion of the 1950's is alive and well. Even if the fashion of the 1950's is twisted and blended with the fashion of other eras. It's there. right under our noses. So what are the coolest styles from the fashion of the 1950's that have resurfaced today? Check these out.
- The overcoats and scarf combo. This piece of 1950's fashion actually never seemed to leave the spotlight. Men today, all over the country like to throw the scarf long overcoat combo together in some form. It's a great blend of functionality and style. The coat scarf combo keeps you warm, while at the same time, keeps you looking stylish. You can rock this particular piece of 1950's throwback fashion to work or a social gathering without missing a beat.
- Jeans, boots and the leather jacket. You've all seen this style. Whether you're 25 or 65, the jeans boots and leather jacket combo is a fixture of American fashion culture. Yes, this combo was born out of the fashion of the 1950's. The birth of the rebel wave was also the birth of one of the most popular clothing combinations in American history.
- The dress shoes. It doesn't matter which ones you choose. Dress shoes have looked just about the same since the fashion of the 1950's. You don't even have to ask how popular these things are. Millions of people everyday have to slap these puppies on before they go to their corporate downtown jobs.
- The suit jacket, tie and vest combo. Although it did take a rest for a while, the vest is back in full force. It has taken it's rightful place back along side the tie and suit jacket. If the suit jacket and tie just don't make that professional statement, just add the vest and you're golden. This is a 1950's fashion style that isn't going anywhere.
- The hats. The coolest element of 1950's fashion to survive the decades is easily the various styles of hats that were born out of that period. You got derbys and brimmed hats. You've got the paper boy styled hat. The list goes on and on. These things have penetrated almost every American fashion subculture today. People today define themselves with these hats just as much as the folks from the 1950's.