The fastest pitches ever recorded is a statistic that many argue about. There are many stories about historic baseball icons pitching so hard the seams came off the ball. Well, this list will help nail it down for you. It will give some of the most historic and memorable pitches ever in Major League Baseball. The most surprising thing about these pitches is none of the most historic pitchers make the list. Most of the list is comprised of very young fastball swingers that are just starting their career. It is a list of the 5 fastest pitches ever recorded.
- Aroldis Chapman. He threw the fastest pitch ever recorded on September 24, 2010. It was 105.1 MPH. He did this for the Cincinnati Reds at PETCO Field.
- Joel Zumaya. He threw this pitch on November 10, 2006. It was recorded at 104.8 MPH. He did this in his rookie season with the Detroit Tigers.
- Neftali Feliz. He threw this pitch on September 1, 2010. It was clocked at 103.4 MPH. He threw this pitch for the Texas Rangers in his second season in the Major Leagues.
- Bobby Parnell. He threw his fastest pitch ever recorded on August 18, 2010. His pitch was recorded at 103 MPH. He threw this pitch for the Mets in his third season in the league.
- Armando Benitez. This pitch was thrown on May 24, 2002. His pitch was recorded at 102 MPH. He threw it while pitching for the Mets at their old stadium, Shea Stadium.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.