Fastest Production Cars
Check out the list below to see if your favorite sports car is among the fastest production cars of 2010-2011. If you invest in one of these babies, you can travel on land at speeds most people can't even dream of. Horsepower, acceleration, style and price are the best way to describe these wheels. Here is the list of the fastest production cars on the market today.
- The Bugatti Veyron Super Sport. The mysterious looking Super Sport Veyron claimed the title as fastest car in the world two years straight with a top speed of 267mph. The Bugatti's Aluminum, Narrow Angle 8 liter W18 engine produces a whooping 1200hp. The Super Sport Veyron can go from 0-60mph in 2.5 seconds and is base priced at $1.7 million. You can take this machine to a 1/4 mile strip and win races all day.
- The SSC Ultimate Aero. The sporty, sleek and exotic Aero slipped into second place after holding the #1 spot for three years. The SSC Ultimate Aero's Twin-Turbo V8 Engine is good for 1183hp, and its 0-60mph time is 2.7 seconds. The Ultimate Aero sells for $654 thousand.
- The Saleen S7 Twin Turbo. Mean, aggressive and masculine is the best way to describe the Twin Turbo Saleen's look, it's a show-off machine. The Saleen S7 is powered by a 750hp Twin Turbo All Aluminum V8 Engine. The Saleen S7 will get you from 0-60mph in 3.2 seconds, and is based priced at $555 thousand.
- The Koenigsegg CCX. With its top speed of 245mph and ability to go from 0-60 in 3.2 seconds, the Koenigsegg CCX seems to have its sights set on the #1 spot. The CCX has an 806hp 90 Degree V8 Engine under its hood that whisks its beautifully designed body along the road. The Koenigsegg CCX's base price is $545 thousand.
- The McLaren F1. The name alone implies flight and speed, and its door resemble bats wings. The McLaren F1 can accelerate from 0-60 in 3.2 seconds and top out at 240 mph. A BMW S70/2 60 Degree V12 Engine that is capable of producing 670hp sits under its hood. The McLaren F1 sells for $970 thousand.
- The Ferrari Enzo. Just 399 of these rubber burners were made, and they appreciate every time one is totaled. The hot red, fast and aerodynamically designed Enzo is base priced at $670 thousand. The F14 Aluminum V12 Engine of this Ferrari is home to 660 horses that can take it fron 0-60 in 3.4 seconds.
- The Jaguar XJ220. The XJ220 was first produced in 1992, and with a top speed of 217 mph it's still fast enough to make the cut. The XJ220 is powered by a Twin Turbo V6 Engine that boasts 542hp, it has a 0-60 time of 3.8 seconds. The base price of this Jaguar is $650 thousand.
- The Pagani Zonda F. The race car look of the Pagani Zonda F begs for attention and screams attitude. It has a fast Mercedes Benz M180 V12 engine with 650hp, and jumps from 0-60 in 3.5 seconds. The Pagani Zonda F has a base price of $667 thousand.
- The Lamborghini Murcielago LP640. The design of the Lamborghini Murcielago is a work of art. This fast masterpiece is priced at $430 thousand, has a top speed of 211mph and goes from 0-60 in 3.3 seconds. The Mucielago is powered by a 640hp V12 Engine.
- The Porche Carrera GT. The small and agile Carrera GT has a top speed of 205mph. The Carrera GT has a 68 Degree Water Cooled 612hp V10 Engine that takes it from 0-60 in 3.9 seconds. You can own one of these fo $440 thousand.