Fathers Day Cards Preschoolers Can Make
Father’s Day cards preschoolers can make should be easy and fun for them. Preschoolers enjoy crafts and Father’s Day cards are no exception. In order to get started, you will need some card stock, foam adhesive shapes, red construction paper, glue stick, scissors, a small photo of father and child and crayons or markers. If you don’t have any at home, most arts and crafts stores will have most of these items. Below are the steps to creating a memorable Father’s Day card.
- Use card stock paper. Pull out a sheet of card stock paper and fold it in half. Card stock is heavier paper which is similar to the paper used in greeting cards. This material is sturdy and will hold the all the applied materials in place.
- Pull out construction paper. Using the red construction paper, cut out a shape of a heart that is about four inches wide. This provides the heart background necessary to format the photo for the Father’s day Card.
- Gather heart. Have the preschooler cut a square inside the heart. This will provide the frame in which the picture will lay.
- Glue photograph. Take the photograph of the preschooler with his/her father and glue it behind the heart frame. The preschooler will enjoy this step as the Father’s Day card starts to come together. Make sure you use a glue stick rather than standard glue, as standard glue can be messy. If the preschooler places too much glue on the frame, the photo will slide and you won’t have the desired effect. After the photo is set, give it a few minutes to dry to ensure that it won’t slip.
- Use foam adhesive. Have the preschooler place the foam adhesive shapes around the heart to form a decorative outline. The child will love this part of the project the most.
- Write message. Have the child copy a small heart felt message inside the card. This message should be short because preschoolers have limited dexterity and writing skills. A simple phrase such as, “I love you, Dad” should suffice.
Preschoolers love their fathers and creating a memorable Father’s Day card will not only entertain them but will surely melt any father’s heart. Including a photograph creates a lasting and timeless memory.