Fentanyl side effects are generally somewhat mild, but can be severe in those who are allergic to the drug or those who overdose on Fentanyl. Fentanyl is a medication given for the treatment of pain. Fentanyl is a narcotic analgesic that is approximately 100 times more powerful than morphine, and therefore it must be taken with extreme care and caution. Below are some of the most common side effects of taking Fentanyl.
- Anxiety. Many who begin taking Fentanyl will experience mild anxiety and confusion. Because Fentanyl is a very powerful analgesic, it can have negative affects on the nervous system, especially in those who take large amounts of the drug.
- Constipation/diarrhea. A few individuals who take Fentanyl may experience constipation or diarrhea. Bloating, gas, and stomach upset may also be present with constipation and diarrhea.
- Nausea. Individuals who take Fentanyl may experience mild cases of nausea, although this drug is known to actually induce less nausea than other analgesics similar to it. Those who take morphine are much more likely to experience nausea than those who take Fentanyl.
- Dry mouth. Like many medications, taking Fentanyl can result in mild to severe dry mouth. Dry mouth can be a rather uncomfortable sensation, but it is easily treated by drinking water and sucking on lozenges.
- Vomiting or flu-like symptoms. Individuals who are more sensitive to Fentanyl may experience vomiting or symptoms that are related to the flu. If vomiting persists or is severe, consult your health care provider as soon as possible.
- Rash/hives/allergic reaction. An allergic reaction to Fentanyl can be very serious and should be treated as soon as possible. Symptoms or signs of an allergy to Fentanyl can include hives, rashes, difficulty breathing, swelling in mouth, itchiness, tightness or pain in chest, seizures, or hallucinations. Contact a medical provider promptly if you are experiencing a severe allergic reaction to Fentanyl.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.