Fettucini Alfredo Recipe
This Fettuccine Alfredo recipe is one that combines a great mixture of cream and cheese to offer a perfect blend of creamy flavors. Most shy away from making Fettuccine Alfredo because they think the sauce is too difficult to make from scratch, but this is a recipe that anyone can follow, and it will taste like a master chef prepared it.
For this Fettuccine Alfredo recipe, you will need these ingredients:
- One box Fettuccine noodles
- 1 Cup butter
- 3/4 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic - minced
- 3/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- First, take a large tall pot and fill it with water, add a dash of salt, and bring it to a boil. This will be for the Fettuccine noodles, so make sure the pot is large enough to fit the noodles into it.
- Cook the Fettuccine noodles in the boiling for 8 to 10 minutes, or until soft, then drain and set aside.
- Next, bring out a large saucepan. Add in the cup of butter and heavy whipping cream, and cook on low heat until the butter melts into the cream. Cook it on a low to medium heat, so as not to burn the cream.
- Next, add in the garlic, and the Romano cheese and Parmesan cheese slowly. The cheese will help the sauce thicken, so you will need to stir constantly to keep it from burning and sticking to the bottom of the pan, and to keep the lumps from forming. Continue to cook the sauce while stirring, cooking it on a medium heat until you notice the sauce begin to thicken. the cream and cheese will combine, the cheese melting and mixed with the cream, will form a very thick Alfredo sauce.
- Once thick, remove from the heat, and pour over the Fettuccine noodles, and enjoy.