Field Hockey Apparel
Field hockey apparel may differ in color, style, design, logo, and other ways depending on what organization the team represents. When a team decides on a logo and team colors, having those colors and designs available in all aspects of the apparel helps to form and maintain a cohesiveness that will carry over to the team itself, and could possibly help with a team’s success or performance.
- Jerseys are a part of field hockey apparel, just as they are with any other sport. They can be sleeveless or short-sleeve, v-neck or round-neck, depending on the team’s preference. The color choice can also be dictated by the team or field hockey officials.
- Shorts are also a part of field hockey apparel. These, too, come in plain colors or may have a plaid or other design on them.
- Socks that are part of field hockey apparel are usually knee-length. They can be plain or embroidered with the team logo.
- Shoes are essential to field hockey apparel. Because field hockey can be played both indoors and outdoors, field hockey apparel includes turf and indoor shoes. Turf shoes have soft grippers on the bottom, such as those worn by soccer players. Indoor field hockey shoes have soles with a design that allows for better traction on slippery floors, but will not leave marks.
- Field hockey can be a year-round sport. Traveling to and from games in the cooler months can be made more comfortable by allowing team members to purchase hoodies that are of a compatible color to match the uniforms, and can also contain the team or school logo.