Field hockey strategies are important for those who are just beginning the sport of field hockey and also for those who are experienced. Field hockey is a fun and complex sport for those who take part in it, but it can also be dangerous and rough. Learning the right strategies and tips for field hockey will keep you safe, and help you perform better as well. Read on to learn about field hockey strategies so you can hurry up and play the game!
- Cover the field. Especially when you are in defense mode during field hockey, you need to actively cover the zone of the field. You and your teammates will need to spread out and cover the defensive areas on the zone, keeping one player in the middle. Everyone should be well aware of where they need to stand and be during the game, as well as alert for anything that comes up that requires quick action.
- Dribble the ball. You and your team mates can dribble the ball in field hockey, which can be helpful. There is a straight dribble, which means you run with the ball at the end of the stick. There is also a rotating dribble, where you rotate the stick over the ball. Dribbling is an excellent strategy to use for speed and control over the ball.
- Identify opposing guards. During defense mode, you and your team members will want to be able to point out and approach the opposing team's guards. After you have clearly identified the guards of the other team, your team needs to guard each one of them in a one on one strategical standing position.
- Completely block the goal. You do not want the other team to score, so it is important to strategically block your goal from them. To do this, you will need your remaining teammates who are not guarding the opposing team to get with the goalie and help block off the goal. It is best for the team members to stand in a somewhat circular structure.
- Tackle from the sides. A big part of field hockey is the tackling. It is important to channel your opponent from the sides and to not to tackle him too quickly. Do not just jump right into tackling right away—wait for the right opportunity and then make your move.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.