You don’t really have to be a wrestler, a boxer or even a martial artist to learn some fighting moves which could guarantee your safety and defend you from muggers. Fighting moves also do not necessarily mean something sinister as intentionally breaking the arm or leg just to show that you know how to; They are actually invaluable tools for defense (especially for hapless women and unassuming men).
- Biting. The biting technique is an all-time favorite self-defense street fighting move of women and bullied men. Assuming that the creep has his hand over your face, take all opportunities to bite off one or two of his fingers or his hand or his ears Mike Tyson style. You should be inflicting enough pain to ruin his composure.
- Kicking. Contrary to the belief that you should deliver a round house, a side kick or a flying kick, you can just kick below the belt and hit the most sensitive anatomical parts. Low kicks are fighting moves that generally offer you more balance and control.
- Eye gouging. Eye gouging works every time, any time. There’s nothing more satisfying than blinding your enemies by stabbing them in the eyes. And if you do manage to combine it with power punches and other fighting moves – you’ll be sure to knock the hell out of the thug.
- Tackle defense – guillotine choke. Assuming that a thug comes barreling at you, the first thing you do is to shove your arm as far down under his shoulder then bring that same arm up so that you get a guillotine choke hold around his head. This fighting move, if combined with sufficient strength, could either break his neck or cut his air off.
- Defense from knives/sharp objects. Most dangerous street fights usually involve wielding sharp objects, but this fighting move requires swiftness and agility. Here’s the basics -- block the hand wielding the weapon with one hand, grab the wrist with the other hand, and twist the wrist with all your might. By this, the thug should be able to let go of the weapon.