Figure Skating Accessories
So, you have your skates and your dress but are not sure what are the best figure skating accessories you may need at the rink. There are many figure skating accessories, but which ones are the must haves? This article will give you the 5 best figure skating accessories for your trips to the rink.
- Guards and soakers. These are a figure skate accessories must have's to protect your blades. The soakers help keep the moister off the blades and keep the blades protected while in the skate bag. The guards keep the blades protected when you are wearing your skates off the ice. Both come in fashionable colors and designs. Some guards even have blinking lights!
- A Skating Jacket. A figure skate jacket is a great figure skate accessory. Skaters need a extra warmth on the ice when first arriving at the rink. when working on moves, or on a warm up ice for a competition. These jackets can be a simple zip up or extra elegant with rhinestones for a competition or test skate.
- A Pair of Gloves. Every skater needs a pair of gloves on their hands and a spare pair in their skate bag. It is a figure skating accessory no skater can't be without. Cold wet hands can make any skater unhappy and distracted.
- A Board Box. This is a figure skating accessory for your on ice accessories! A small metal or plastic carry-on to hold all your on ice needs to keep on the boards. Figure skaters keep accessories including small water bottles, tissues, music and bobby pins and pony tails so if they need them. they do not have to leave the ice to get them.
- Skating Tights. If you are skating in a figure skating dress, this is a figure skate accessory you can't forget! Tights come footless, over the boot, or footed. They can be shimmery, matte, nude or tan, in a variety of thicknesses. Always remember to pack a few in your bag during competitions or test dates!