Fish Taco Sauce Recipe
Want a good fish taco sauce recipe? Fish tacos have quickly become a favorite dish. Fish tacos are not only delicious but healthy for you. Ditch the tartar sauce and salsa and try this! Instead of beef or chicken, fish seems the way to go! Feel free to substitute any ingredient listed here or go light on any of them. You can also add more or less of anything depending on your tastes. Also, if you are not a fan of sour cream you can substitute with geek yogurt. The lime and cilantro make a lovely marriage in this recipe with a smoky and citrus taste that is out of this world. Include that with the mayonnaise and sour cream and you have a fish taco sauce that is simply to die for.
You will need:
- Chili powder
- Garlic powder
- Sour cream
- Onion powder
- Two Limes
- Two chipotle peppers
- A bowl
- Gather your large bowl and spatula. Begin by adding 1/2 cup of Mayonnaise. You may use light if you prefer. This will start off your sauce.
- Next, add ¾ cup of sour cream. If you want something with more sour cream feel free to add more and make it your own. Mix the mayonnaise and sour cream together.
- Slice two limes into quarters. Take the quarters and squeeze them into the bowl. Depending on how you like lime, feel free to use more or less. This add a nice citrus flavor to your sauce for your fish tacos.
- Add one tsp. of garlic powder, one tsp. of chili powder, and ½ onion powders and whisk generously. This will add a nice smokiness and spicy kick to your fish taco sauce.
- Next, take two chipotle peppers and slice small. Toss into the bowl and mix until all is blended together in your sauce.
- Once all is mixed, serve with your fish tacos.
This sauce is delicious and really adds something extra to your fish tacos. Feel free to add or subtract ingredients and make the fish taco sauce your own.